Monday, November 30, 2015

6 Things I'm Thankful For (Post 5)

25. Christmas
To begin with I should say that I'm not a huge fan of Christmas celebrating. No one freak out on me and don't stop reading! What I mean by this is I don't particularly like the exaggeration some people put on it. I know this is a very important, big, special holiday for a lot of people. I also know many of you love decorating, watching Christmas movies, and just getting in the all around "Christmas Spirit". So for those of you who are those people please hear me out. I'm not a Christmas hater. I'm a very matter of fact type of person. I believe Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I know you can still focus on that while watching movies and decorating your home; however, for me I don't like getting caught up in all that. I know you are all probably thinking, "I thought you were thankful for Christmas??" And I am! I'm thankful because of the real reason we should all celebrate. I'm thankful that our Lord and Savior was born, so that he could later die on the cross for every single one of us. So, as we get closer to Christmas I challenge you all not to get caught up in all the worldly attributes of Christmas. Sit down, and really appreciate why we celebrate this holiday.

26. You!
I am thankful for every single person that open this post! I love all the positive feedback I get from you all, and it really encourages me to keep going. I have loved doing this blog, and a lot of the reason is because of you!

27. Memories
Memories aren't always a good thing, but either way I'm thankful for them. I have plenty of both good and bad. For example, I lost my grandfather at the beginning of this year. The memories I have of him the last couple months aren't all that great. He wasn't himself, and it was a very sad time. I loved him so so so much. But when I get to missing him I don't think of those last couple months. I think of the years and years of great times I had with him. I always loved going to my grandparents pond and fishing with him. However, one of my favorite memories with him is how I would always brag about being his favorite The best part though was he would always agree. All that being said I'm grateful for memories like that. I'm grateful for memories of times with my friends, other family members, playing softball, and so many other things.
Looking back on those things make my heart happy. Another challenge I give you all is to enjoy your time with those you love. Enjoy what you are doing in your life. We all want to look back on our life and have more good memories than bad ones. Make that happen.

28. Breaks
It is almost time for Christmas break!!!! That means I get a whole month off!!!! Yes, I will still have to go to work (some of the time, I will be playing some hooky), but I don't have any school for a whole month. I'm so excited. Who isn't thankful for those times we get to relax and sleep a lot?

29. Forgiveness
I could go on and on about what forgiveness means to me. One day I will probably write a post about it, but today I just want to say a few things. I have done my share of stupid things, and I have been to the point where I thought no one would ever forgive me. I have also been where I was full of anger and bitterness, and thought it was impossible to forgive someone for what they did to me. During these times; however, I think back to what God did for me. God told me he would always forgive me if I repented and asked for his forgiveness. Remembering that keeps me going. It also helps me realize if the Lord himself will forgive me for my stupid decisions, then who am I to not forgive someone else for their's? I'm thankful God shows me this. My life verse goes along with this:
Matthew 6:14-15 
(14) For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (15) But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

30. Chocolate
I'm ending my thankful posts with one of the best things ever! CHOCOLATE!! I love it in every shape, form, and fashion. Who's with me?!?

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much and I am so very thankful for you...and chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you tweety Bird! And I'm loving your blog��
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you tweety Bird! And I'm loving your blog��
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete