Thursday, March 3, 2016

Smoothie Sensation!

This post is a little more fun than usual! This past year I found a love for smoothies. I was at a point where I was drinking them every day (sometimes even more than one a day). I've got out of the habit of drinking them as often, but I still love them! Smoothies are a great way to get your fruits and veggies in and sometimes even protein. They are great for meal replacements, snacks, or a quick breakfast. I wanted to share some of my favorite combinations with you, but the truth is just throw some of your favorite fruits or vegetables into a blender and you're good to go. It's always good to add some yogurt or milk (almond milk or other liquid is fine) as well. My smoothies are more fruit based and I always freeze them first. If you don't freeze them you will want to add some ice cubes. Either way will work! Here are some of my favorite recipes!
     
Berry Blast
   1 cup frozen berries
   1 cup organic spinach or kale
   1/2 cup bananas
   1 cup fruit juice
   181 Calories per serving

Green machine
   1 banana
   1/4 cup almond milk (or your choice of milk)
   1 and 1/4 cups chopped pineapple
   1 peach, peeled and sliced
   1/2 cup Greek yogurt
   1 - 2 cups fresh spinach
   Juice + zest of 1 lime, optional 
   Makes a lot so I split into 2 servings
   186 Calories per serving

Stoplight Smoothie
   1.25 cups frozen mango pieces
   1 cup frozen strawberries
   1 cup fresh spinach
   1 cup water / almond milk (I used half and half)
   Optional sweetener: frozen banana, honey, stevia or agave
   289 Calories per serving

Strawberry-Banana
   1 banana
   1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
   5 strawberries
   1/2 cup yogurt (nonfat)
   2 Tsp Honey
   133 Calories per serving

Peanut Butter Chocolate
   1 large banana
   3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
   6 oz Greek Yogurt
   3/4 cup skim milk/almond milk
   1 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave
   1 Tablespoon peanut butter
   487 Calories per serving / 28 grams of protein

Summer In A Cup
   1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
   1 banana (1 cup)
   1/2 cup pomegranate juice
   3/4 cup orange juice
   3/4 cup Almond Milk

   183 Calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment